Welcome to Paradise. Welcome to Las Palapas.
Beachfront Bliss in Playa del Carmen
Located directly on the white sands of Playa del Carmen’s longest stretch of beach, overlooking the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and surrounded by lush greenery and abundant tropical gardens, Hotel Las Palapas will reopen its doors to guests in late 2015 following a complete rejuvenation of the property. At that time, the resort will officially become a part of its sister hotel, Mahekal Beach Resort, which recently completed a $10 million re-imagination.
Las Palapas’ transformation will include:
• Renovated Guestrooms: guestrooms, including Garden View, Jungle View, Poolside, Ocean View and Ocean Front, will have been completely renovated to compliment the guest room updates at Mahekal Beach Resort, including new grass thatched-roofs, air conditioners, window systems, completely new bathrooms, flooring, wired and wireless internet, service telephones and all new furniture, fixtures and equipment, as well as four spectacular new Ocean Front Suites.
• Existing Lobby and Restaurant: transformed into meeting space and large event space with an orientation toward Caribbean weddings.
• Spa and Fitness Center: 4,000 - square foot Spa and accompanying Fitness Center, located amid lush tropical gardens and nearby the pool.
• Restaurant and Bar: Located up front with amazing ocean views and adjoining the tropical palm grove, a brand new “Tulum-style” wood burning oven restaurant and bar will be added.
• Pool: new large resort sized heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi, as well as beachfront wedding and sunbathing platform.
• Landscaping and Design: all renovation and design work will complement the re-imagination at Mahekal Beach Resort, including bohemian gypsy infused with Mexican, colorful accents and standout designs that range from Missoni-esque fabrics, to higher-end, modern finishes and touches of Mayan culture.
| || |
TO STAY AT OUR SISTER RESORT, MAHEKAL