Welcome to Paradise. Welcome to Las Palapas.
Beachfront Bliss in Playa del Carmen
Located directly on the white sands of Playa del Carmen’s longest stretch of beach, overlooking the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and surrounded by lush greenery and abundant tropical gardens, Hotel Las Palapas is currently closed for a complete transformation. When the resort reopens in late 2015, it will join it's sister hotel completing the full reimagination of Mahekal Beach Resort.
Las Palapas’ transformation will include:
- Renovated Guestrooms: guestrooms, including Garden View, Deluxe Jungle View, Poolside and Ocean Front, have been completely renovated to compliment the guestroom updates at Mahekal Beach Resort, including new grass thatched-roofs, air conditioners, window systems, completely new bathrooms, flooring, wired and wireless internet, service telephones and all new furniture, fixtures and equipment, as well as four new Ocean Front Suites.
- Lobby and Existing Restaurant: transformed into meeting space and large event space with an orientation toward Caribbean weddings.
- Spa and Fitness Center: 2,500 sq. ft. Spa and accompanying Fitness Center, located amid lush tropical gardens and nearby the pool.
- Restaurant and Bar: “Tulum-style” wood burning oven restaurant and bar will be added, offering ocean views.
- Pool: new large resort sized heated swimming pool with Jacuzzis, as well as beachfront wedding and sunbathing platform.
- Landscaping and Design: all renovation and design work will complement the re-imagination at Mahekal Beach Resort, including bohemian gypsy infused with Mexican, colorful accents and standout designs that range from Missoni-esque fabrics, to higher-end, modern finishes and touches of Mayan culture.
TO STAY AT OUR SISTER RESORT, MAHEKAL